Is there a race that you\'d run again and why?

BOSH Forums BOSHrun Is there a race that you\'d run again and why?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 22 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Cathy Holroyd Cathy Holroyd 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of BOSH Mother
    BOSH Mother
    Participant

Is there a race that you’ve run more than once?
    Why do you go back to it?
    Or is there too many races,and not enough time, so you always run somewhere once and once only?

I’m going back to the color run this year again. I’m not a race runner, and last year I did it with my mate and we were both buzzing from the atmosphere afterwards that we said right there and then we’ve got to do it again.

Any other good fun runs anyone would suggest then let me know!

BOSH Mother
      Participant

The Colour Run was wonderful to watch from a distance in Brighton- you could see all the powder up in the air fab!
      I would totally reccomend The Santa Dash, it’s in December and they give you a costume to wear.i love doing it and throwing chocolate coins to children as I go past. Their faces are awesome!

Oh my that does sound brilliant I might have to sign up to that! I recently saw one with people dressed as chickens which looks like lots of fun but I’ve forgotten the name of – I’m sure someone knows.

Profile photo of RusselLowe
    RusselLowe
    Participant

I’d run Brentwood half again, it’s my most local half and timed well for spring marathon season. Also because the last time I ran it was in 2013 during a snow storm and I would rather like to see how it is in warmer times.

BOSH Mother
      Participant

Whow! That’s so cool! Running in the snow storm!!! Love it!

Profile photo of scot bower
      scot bower
      Participant

Now you’ve got me thinking. I would love to race in the snow and wonder where the best chance of that is?
      Love Brentwood half its a really good event and well priced too.

RusselLowe
    Participant

Santa runs are fab. Or local hospice organises one and uses the pitch at our local football club as the start/finish.

scot bower
    Participant

I’m trying to think of a race I wouldn’t do again :/
    But you’re right there are so many races and so little time.

BOSH Mother
      Participant

You’ve loved EVERY race? (By the way, you were awesome yesterday)

scot bower
        Participant

Thanks it was a lot of fun.
        Hmm with the exception of Edinburgh marathon I think so. Maybe I have low standards or am just easily pleased?

Profile photo of Sharon Martin
    Sharon Martin
    Participant

I love Brentwood half my company sponsor it so I run it every year. I also run in the snow and got a PB!

BOSH Mother
      Participant

I’ll look that one up on google Sharon. Top girl for PBing in the Snow!!!

Profile photo of Paula Hodgson
    Paula Hodgson
    Participant

Since 2009 I have run the Goring 10k apart from this year as was too ill to run. I go back as this was my first ever race. It is a good multi terrain run with some good scenery and a hill or two.

RusselLowe
    Participant

The snow year still stands as my half PB. Fab run, I always love the bot out by Blackmore, such a typically Essex village.

Profile photo of Judi B
    Judi B
    Participant

Tough question. I absolutely loved the mudfest that was this year’s Steyning stinger half marathon. Have never laughed so loudly for so long. Gorgeous route, friendly crowd, fab marshals and a cooked brekkie to finish! Also loved the Pilgrim half so much I want to do the full next year. Picture perfect views. Hmmm, has to be trail I think and although cutting my marathon teeth at Brighton this year was brilliant, I don’t think I’d have had such a positive experience without the BOSH love.

BOSH Mother
      Participant

Oh yes! Steyning Stinger is definitely one to do more than once, I’ve heard so much good stuff about that one. Must do it one day.

Profile photo of Lisa Q
      Lisa Q
      Participant

When I read the title of the thread, I immediately thought the Steyning Stinger. I absolutely loved everything about it. Can’t wait to do it again next year. Easily my favourite event I’ve been to so far.
      ETA: a The Weald Challenge Half was a fab run too for very similar reasons to the Stinger. Route, people, water stations, marshals, bling all fantastic and cake at the end too. Definitely one to do again.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Lisa Q Lisa Q.
    Profile photo of Claire
    Claire
    Participant

For me it’s the Stanmer Park Race for Life 5K. It’s the event that got me started so I feel like it’s something I should continue to support – this year I even managed to rope in my mum and both kids. Such a special atmosphere at these events to.

I also like the Santa Dash and have run that two or three times….although I have taken to affectionately calling it ‘Hell in Felt’

Profile photo of clayster
    clayster
    Participant

Thats a tough question!

I’ve done the BUPA London 10k every year since I started running in 2011. I love it as it was the first race I ever did and I hope to always run it as it has a special place in my heart.

Largely though I try to do different races each year – with a few exceptions. Mainly because there are so many I want to do!

Profile photo of Jack
    Jack
    Participant

I have a few runs i really like and do every year. Some are big like Great South Run and Brighton 10k, others smaller like Horsham 10k.
    One race i was at but didn’t get to do was the New York Marathon. Had a charity place and was out there the year it was cancelled. It’s too expensive to try again really. Though I’m not that far away from a qualifying time… 😉

Profile photo of Natalie Chivers
    Natalie Chivers
    Participant

Rome marathon for sure

Profile photo of Cathy Holroyd
    Cathy Holroyd
    Participant

Surrey half was my first ever half marathon when I ran the innaugeral event last year. Ran it again this year and am already booked to run again next year. Nice relatively flat and fast course which is my current half marathon PB. Can’t wait to see the medal design for next year and each entry comes with a free buff.

After running Bacchus half this year think that may become an annual event. Half marathon PW done in the best possible style 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Cathy Holroyd Cathy Holroyd.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.